Heading

Welcome to my Gluttonous Gluten Free Life!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Risotto FANtasico!

Years ago when I didn't have a pot or pan to my name, I was lucky enough to have a daily invitation to dinner from the one and only Debbie Duffy. She would make the most memorable dishes such as shrimp gumbo and risotto! 

The moment that I found out that she was coming to San Francisco to tour colleges with her daughter, I knew I had to find a great neighborhood restaurant for us to explore. We settled on this cute family owned place tucked in the North Beach neighborhood called Albona Ristorante Istriano.


As we got settled in a cozy table in the corner I anxiously scanned the menu and knew exactly what I was going to order when I saw their risotto selection. The seafood risotto was calling my name and it definitely falls in the top 5 all time best risottos I've ever had! 



This tastes as amazing as it looks! If you have a hankering for some authentic Italian food, Albona is the place to try!



No comments:

Post a Comment