Heading

Welcome to my Gluttonous Gluten Free Life!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Divine Chocolate Souffles

Last night I recreated my "fan favorite"dinner with two new sides (check back later for the recipes) and my DIVINE CHOCOLATE SOUFFLES! My taste tester has described the souffles as "heavenly" and she would know as I made her eat several (7 to be exact) variations of chocolate souffles before I settled on this recipe.


I've tested it out with more sugar, less sugar, three egg yolks, two egg yolks, one egg yolk, no egg yolk, lemon, no lemon, salt, no salt, you name it. I've altered this recipe many times but the answer was very clear.... NO egg yolk, more sugar,  and yes to the pinch of salt.








Divine Chocolate Souffles (4-6 servings)
- 3/4 cup of bittersweet chocolate, chopped (semi-sweet is okay too)
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons of butter at room temperature, additional for ramekin
- 1/2 cup of sugar, additional for ramekin molds
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cream of tartar


Directions:
Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
1. Prepare ramekins. Slightly coat the inside of the ramekin with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a heat-safe bowl and place over a small pot of simmering water. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Add the pinch of salt, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the 3 egg whites along with a pinch of cream of tartar until they become frothy. Add in sugar and beat till mixture has reached stiff peaks.
4. Gently fold chocolate into egg white mixture.
5. Spoon souffle mixture into ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and add water so it lightly covers the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 22-24 minutes. Serve immediately with whipped cream and berries!








No comments:

Post a Comment