Heading

Welcome to my Gluttonous Gluten Free Life!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bacon crisps

This is THE appetizer/snack that you need to make when you have people over, especially if you're gathering to watch sports! I learned real quickly that I should have made a few more batches as they only lasted 2 minutes! Needless to say, everyone loved them even Lucy! 






I got this recipe from watching a Paula Deen show and immediately knew it was going to be a hit. I mean who doesn't like bacon?! This isn't the healthiest of things to snack on, that's why I suggest making it as an appetizer for a party that you are attending or hosting. 





Bacon Crisps - 40 minutes

2 packages of bacon
1 box of Glutinos cracker
1/2 cup of grated parmesan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cut bacon strips in half. 
2. Place a cracker in center of each half strip of bacon. 
3. Top with some parmesan cheese, fold both sides of the bacon on top of the cheese. 
4. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. 
5. Place bacon crisps on paper towels to drain, transfer to serving plate and enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. YUM! Gonna have to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one step closer to diabetes after five of these...they were fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon... mmm. I love all your yummy posts Nance. I gave you the Liebster Blog Award on my blog today. You are doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer!

      I'm thinking this will be perfect for March Madness too :)

      Delete