Heading

Welcome to my Gluttonous Gluten Free Life!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Honey Soy Chicken

Need an easy and tasty idea for chicken?! I sure did yesterday.... I was looking to try something new and I can't believe that I haven't thought of mixing soy sauce and honey together before. Actually it's not that hard to believe as I've always steered away from most Asian food and soy sauce until I found out that my local grocery store had it in stock.

This chicken recipe can be made (marinated) ahead of time up to a few days even and the leftovers would taste great in salads, sandwiches, and wraps. I was so happy that I thought of this ahead of time cause it gave us all evening to play with little Lucy and to do other things around the house rather than prepping and cleaning up the kitchen.

Honey Soy Chicken in foil lined baking pan.

Chicken and truffle asparagus, yum!
Honey - Soy Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cut up into smaller slices (you can leave it whole, butterflied, skin on etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of GF soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Prepare chicken in size and pieces that you find appropriate. 
2. Add ground ginger, minced garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper to 1 gallon zip lock bag. 
3. Add chicken. 
4. Toss chicken in bag with marinade to make sure the chicken is coated well.
5. Place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours (the more it marinates the better it tastes I could even suggest doing it a day in advance if you are doing whole pieces with skin on).
6. Like baking pan with foil. Place chicken and all of the marinade in the pan. 
7. Bake for 12 minutes, flip chicken, and bake for another 12 minutes (more time if your pieces of chicken are thicker)

*For regular chicken breasts that aren't sliced up, please bake for 25 minutes, then flip and bake for another 15 minutes. 

** This recipe can be used on the grill as well, please make sure to look up the appropriate grilling times for the size of chicken you picked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment