Heading

Welcome to my Gluttonous Gluten Free Life!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Mariposa - Artisan-Crafted: Located in the Bay Area

Many of you may have seen and wondered what kind of sandwich is attached to my profile. It is not just any sandwich either! It is the Artisan Foie Gras Torchon & Duck Prosciutto Sandwich from Naked Lunch  (nakedlunchsf.com/) in San Francisco. As you know there is no way we glutards could ever eat that, but that's where some creativity comes in......






I had my eye on the prize when I woke up that Thursday morning and walked myself down to the the Ferry building terminal where I knew MARIPOSA BAKING COMPANY (www.mariposabaking.com) was making an appearance and bought myself a fresh baguette and walked myself over to Broadway and Kearny and waited patiently till they were open at 1130am and asked them if they could make their special foie gras torchon and duck proscitto sandwich on my "special" break and to use clean utensils. 


** Note I came right as they were opening as I knew that the kitchen would be at it's cleanest so my food wouldn't get contaminated. Although there is always a risk when someone else is preparing your food, this was worth the risk!


Trust me when I say, it was worth all the effort! If you live in the Bay Area or plan to come visit anytime soon, please please please go support these two establishment as they have unknowingly help me enjoy the best sandwich of my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment